Previously we have discussed on pros and cons of adding watermarks on your blog post images. So, I thought of completing this post by explaining the easiest method of automatically inserting watermarks on your blog post. We have already covered the best and free offline blog posting software [WYSIWYG] Windows Live Writer and its useful plugins. So now lets see how we can configure it easily to insert watermarks on every inserted images on our post…
#Step 1: Inserting the Image:
- Click on the “Picture…” icon on the right “Insert” Panel.
- A new window will popup. Select your picture and Click on ok.
#Step 2: Adding the Watermark to your image:
- Simply select the picture and the “Picture” menu will open up on the right panel.
- Now click on the “Advanced” tab on the panel and click on “Watermark…”.
- This will popup the watermark text window. Enter your Watermark text [Like, we use “Picture by www.inTechgrity.com”]
- Also adjust the position of your watermark to best fit your image.
#Step 3: Saving your settings to automatically insert watermark on every image:
- Now again select the picture and click on “Picture” tab.
- Simply Click on “Save settings as default” and you are done.
Now your watermarks will be inserted on each of your post images…
- You should add watermarks only to the images you have created. Do not add watermarks to the images you have used from web. This may break the copyright protection of that image. Just be on the safer side and include a backlink to the source image instead.
- Watermarks are only good when they are not blocking the image from being viewed properly. So always change the position of the watermarks according to your image. I prefer using Bottom right or Bottom left position.
- Personally I do not add any watermark to small images as it will block the content of the image!
Removing the watermark:
This is pretty easy…
- Select the watermarked image > Go to Advanced Tab from the right panel > Click on Watermarks… [As before]
- Now simply delete the watermark text from the Watermark Window and this will remove watermark from your image
That was how we can easily insert watermarks on our images using WLW. So which method do use? Do share with us!