Previously we have talked about adding feedburner feed to your Blog to generate a cool Sitemap. But that requires manual effort to each and every feed individually and paste their codes to the widget.
But if you want to just have a scrolling News banner on your Blog or Website [as shown above], then the best thing for you will be to use a free service “FeedZilla”. The benefits are
- No need to Select and use feeds from specific websites. FeedZilla server has more than 1000’s of News provider so you will never run out of news.
- Easy installation without letting your hand dirty on codes
- No registration or fees required. The service is totally free and you can see the result instantly.
So here is what you need to do to install this cool Feed News scroller into your Website and/or Blog…
This is as simple as it can be. Just follow the steps:
- Go to FeedZilla Home Page and click on get GET STARTED NOW button.
- Simply select the News Categories from the two dropdown menus.
- Simply customize the looks. Select Number of stories and so. Also click on “Show Advanced customization” if you want to change the colors to suite your Website/Blog background.
- Now just Copy the code generated below and paste it where ever you want to use the service. For Blogger Blog click on “Add new Gadget” > “HTML and Javascrip” and paste the code there.
That’t it! Overall it will not take more than 5 mins to install.
Pros and Cons:
The obvious benefit of this tool is that, we dont need to setup websites whoose feed we want to display. So it is quite effective for people who just want to show latest trends and news going round the world on their Websites. Also it helps to add better SEO by displaying latest new [only from php or other server side scripting method]
On the other hand it should have given us a scope to add customized feeds. Well I hope it will give us soon!
So overall it is somewhat a good tool for displaying latest trends and news on blog/site based on categories. If you have any other method better than this then do let us know through your comments…