So last time you bookmarked a Web-site on your PC and when you formatted your Hard-disk you forgot to take the latest backup and lost it! Now you started Googling it all over again but couldn’t get it anymore! Truly speaking in this age of mass computing and a huge range of web-sites it is pretty much difficult to manage your bookmarks on a single browser! Sometimes it can get pretty hectic to back them up all over again and again!
So the best way of doing this is to spend some of your online-time to bookmark you favorite sites on some good Online Bookmarking sites! Now there are actually many of them (No we are not talking about social bookmarking), so which site to use? Here comes the answer. Below we have listed down the top 4 Free Online Bookmarking services. Also some of them includes synchronizing your Bookmarks directly from your browser! So read on to know more…
1. Google Toolbar Bookmarking:
Once again it is the best! Be it Firefox or Internet explorer, if you have Google Toolbar installed then it can automatically synchronizes the bookmarks with your Google account. So no matter where you are, if you have a browser with Google Toolbar then you can access to your Bookmarks instantly!
- Install Google Toolbar (To know more you may read this article)
- Now click on Settings and Enable bookmark!
- Just click on the Bookmark dropdown menu on the Google Toolbar and click on “Import Firefox Bookmark” and you are done!
2. Transferr – The online Free Speed-dial:
- Free to use and while registering adds some useful bookmarks based on your interest!
- You can drag and align the thumbnail same as in browser interface!
- You can edit the info of an icon by clicking on the little spanner in the bottom right corner of any icon, a popup edit box will appear.
- You can now change the title and color of your icon. You can also move it into a new tab! Click ‘Save Changes’ to save your changes, or "Cancel" to close the options box.
- In Transferr 1.0 you can save your web-browsers bookmarks and add them to Transferr as icons, it’s easy to do, just click the "Add an Icon" icon and click Import Bookmarks, we’ll show you how to do it depending on your web-browser
More over it makes bookmarking a fun and enjoyable! Register for the free account today!
HomePage: Click Here
3. Diigo - The Web-Highlighter:
It is not just a Web bookmarking service, moreover it is a powerful research tool and a knowledge-sharing community… With Diigo (Digest of Internet Information,Groups and Other stuff) you can
- Highlight portions of web pages that are of particular interest to you. You can also attach sticky notes to specific parts of web pages. Unlike most other web "highlighters" that merely clip, Diigo highlights and sticky notes are persistent in the sense that whenever you return to the original web page, you will see your highlights and sticky notes superimposed on the original page, just what you would expect if you highlighted or wrote on a book!
- Do effective collaborative research. You can easily share your findings, complete with your highlights and sticky notes, with friends and colleagues. A project team, a class, or a club can create a group on Diigo to pool relevant resources, findings and thoughts together.
- Find new ways to connect and keep in touch with friends, and to learn both from your friends and about your friends with little extra effort. Diigo also provides new ways to connect with others who share similar interests. You can find “people like me” – those who are closest to you in interests, or search people by tags or sites to find others who share certain specific interests with you…
- Three steps to create a Free account! Step 1 (Create Account) > Step 2 (Add Profile) > Step 3 (Add Friends)
Basically Diigo is a must use for you if you are doing any online researches! Although the basic interface of Diigo is easy to understand, but with some little bit of effort you can do more with this community! Also you should not think this as a general social bookmarking site! As mentioned on the about page (which is 100% Genuine)
Diigo is often compare
d with other social bookmarking sites. We feel this is not doing it justice. As both a research tool and a knowledge-sharing community, Diigo is substantially more powerful. If you still prefer to label Diigo as "social bookmarking", we think it would be appropriate to call it "Social Bookmarking 2.0" 🙂
So create an account and start Diigoing now!
HomePage: Click Here
DiigoToolbar for Firefox (Direct Link): Click here
4. inBookmark.com – Bookmark and discover your favorite web-sites:
Pretty much new to this service, but I don’t see any such reason that why it should not be included in this list!
- Bookmarking is as easy as submitting a link. Just select the category and optionally give some description! The thumb shot of your favorite web-page will be taken at once and will be listed there instantly!
- Wide categories to choose from! Also large space to bookmark millions of links!
As said before this is quite a new site and yet to develop more! But personally I can see the huge potential hidden behind this Web-site. Also now we have got a chance to become a power user on a newly evolved web-site! So register now and start submitting your link today!
HomePage: Click Here
So here was our list of 4 Free yet powerful online manager tools! I hope you will enjoy them using! Also if you face any problem or have some better service to suggest, then feel free to do so through your comments!