Finally, we are glad to release the First (but not last! We promise) Blogger XML template for all. As you know that we have been working on our own theme since a few weeks and finally finished it last week, I though of tweaking our previous theme a little bit and give it away to our precious readers and blogger friends for free! So, ultimately after yesterday’s hard work we have completed the theme and now we are ready to share it with you!
Our theme has numerous SEO tweaks and layout tweaks which you are surely going to like! We have made the whole layout widget ready for you ease. Below are some of the best features our theme has:
- Fully SEO tweaked with meta and proper headings (explained below)
- Social Bookmark ready (including twitter button) and also customizable (explained below)
- A 1-2-1 Sidebar column (Premium style) for Free!
- Fluid Template! Expands on wide screen and contracts on low resolution
- Related Post widget ready…
- Tweaked Header into 2 column for better usage of space
- Tweaked Footer into 3 column for better layout
- Whole template under dark and post under light background for better contrast
Live Demo: http://urbanecstacy.blogspot.com/
So please read on below to know from where to download and how to use the template Properly!
Download and Live Demo:
For Live demo Click here. Following are available download links:
If you are getting problem unzipping the file then directly download the XML from Here=> (XML-Only)
Things to do before installing:
Although we have taken care of most of the tweaks, but there are a few thing you need to change:
1. SEO tweaking and meta:
Most important and must to do! It quite simple, just follow the instruction…
- Download and Open the template XML using Notepad++ (Highly recommended). Now search for the following snippet of code (It starts from the 5th line of the XML)
- Now replace BlogName with your BlogName and Description (bolded one) with a short description.
- Below that search for
- Change the keyword,meta,for,SEO with the Comma separated keywords related to your blog. For example:
That’s it! Now your blog is fully SEOptimized. Now make the following tweaks as well.
2. Changing the Feed subscription link below post:
I have designed it in such a way that a Feed subscription link will appear below each post on item pages. You just need to change it to your subscription link.
- Search for http://feeds2.feedburner.com/greentechspot on the template XML
- Just replace it with the feedburner address of you blog!
Installing the theme and Understanding the layout:
- Go to Blogger homepage > Layout > Edit HTML.
- First backup your theme by downloading it. Also make sure to backup your existing Gadgets.
- Now Browse and select the Urban Ecstasy XML file (which you have downloaded) and click on Upload
- Bingo! Now your theme is ready. Note that at this point Blogger will confirm you that some of your widgets are going to get deleted. Make sure that you have backed them up before and press Confirm and save the template.
Understanding the Layout:
For your betterment we have included the following image file to understand the layout! Click on it to zoom
Read one below to know how to modify it to add navigation bar and other gadgets.
Adding Navigation bar and other Gadgets:
- Click on the “Add a Gadget” of the Navigation bar section (As shown on the image above)
- Remember to change # with the URL. Also to make one Navigation menu float right, add a class fix-right to the li as shown on the code. Play with it a little and you will surely get to about this!
- As you can see, the navigation bar is actually nothing but a link list so you may get to know more about this here.
Depends entirely upon your necessity! I have made the following structure on the demo blog:
Be creative and you can do more!! For adding the Recent Post you can just burn the feeds using feed-burner and then Add the Buzz-Boost from Publicize. For detailed tutorial check this tutorial on my friend’s blog.
There are many thing which you can tweak! Below are some of the tutorials which is going to help you!
- Optimizing the Date shown below the Post
- Customizing bullets or list items
- Styling up the Author name a little bit
- Customizing the Social Bookmarking using image and many more
That is only a few! For more please visit the Blogging Tips Sitemap
I hope you have enjoyed this feature-rich theme from us! In future we shall be making more themes for blogger, of course for free! Be with us to get updates! Also if you have any doubt or query then feel free to ask us!